What is the TrimTrac locator?
The TrimTrac locator is a self-contained and complete packaged end-user device. The size of a white board eraser, it can report position based on a variety of user-defined methods such as automatic sending of periodic autonomous reports, motion detected or scheduled reports, or even real-time on-demand polls for the reporting the most current position. These reports are sent as SMS text messages over a GSM communications network either individually or grouped together to reduce the telecommunication costs and improve battery life.
- No external wires or antenna
- Durable, lightweight, water-resistant housing
- Enhanced sensitivity for indoor and outdoor reporting
- Tri-band GSM 900/1800 MHz (DCS) and 1900 MHz (PCS) for worldwide coverage
- Operates up to 90 days on 4 AA batteries under typical usage with good GPS signal strength.
- Optional Vehicle Adapter Module connects to vehicle power and has a standby rechargeable battery for continued operations if vehicle power is lost
- Wireless service from a GSM carrier
- SMS-enabled SIM (subscriber identification card)
- 4 AA batteries
- Application server
The TrimTrac locator delivers immediate and ongoing value. The device offers global GPS location technology with GSM communications, the foremost global digital wireless network, on a single board, controlled by a common microprocessor. This unprecedented level of integration promotes reliability, functionality, and power conservation, while dramatically reducing the size and cost of the unit.